"I am quite ready for another adventure"

The new year has already started in New Zealand, I will pass it somewhere in the air. By the way I think I have discovered why flights are cheaper today, all the eating places at Schiphol have closed, even the ones that are supposed to be open according to the app. I am now dining on some crackers, chocolate and an apple. So where to begin?

Destination: almost literally the other side of the world tunneling from The Hague
Weather forecast: 25 degrees Celsius and a rainy first week
Why: why not?!
Purpose: Dream! Discover! Explore!
Planned distance of cycling: a heck of a lot
Planned route: yes... all over the place, but it will probably change
Planned altitude: probably more than I want some days
Planned descent: never enough!
Communication: it is possible that I will share some of my little adventures with you occasionally.

The name of this blog, "de lanterfietser", has been loosely inspired on de lanterfanter (thanks Bas!). Lanterfanten (verb) translates to something like: to sit around; to lounge about; to dally; to lollygag; to idle; to mosey. I want to cycle around and mosey if I feel like it, enjoy a beautiful or interesting place to the fullest, to me that feels like ultimate freedom.




Comments

Popular Posts