Ode to bike

You are the right bike for me
I am the right person for you
Together there is nothing we cannot do
The world is waiting (for us)

I have pushed and carried and ridden you
Over mountains, through streams, against so much wind
You have led me safely and with strength
To the endless possibilities and joys of life

We have fallen together
And I have been afraid
And felt small and full of doubts
But in the end I always regain my confidence with you

It feels so right when we are on a road together
Dancing to music that only I can hear
Smiling to no-one in particular but unable (and unwilling) to stop
Alone but never lonely



Comments

  1. So true.
    My companion my friend.
    Even on a bad day, after only one minute on my bicycle i am already smiling.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts